Put Your Things Away with MacStadium’s Five Storage Options
Storage may not be the most exciting part of the average developer's workflow, but the fact remains, computation without data doesn’t yield much of anything. So, it stands to reason that your data has to live somewhere, and probably for a good long while. The interesting thing about storage is that the longer something needs to be stored, the more valuable it must be, and the more of it you will probably end up with, because, well, you always keep it. Oh, storage…
Don’t spin out. MacStadium is here to help. With one or more of our five storage solutions your team will be ready and able to focus on the work at hand, rather than finding a way to keep track of your data while you’re away. If you’ve got some data that you can’t afford to lose or to spend your time worrying about, check out the following:
1. Internal SSD Solid State Drives (SSDs), while similar to Hard Drives (HDDs), SSDs have no moving parts and store data using flash memory, rather than magnetic tape.
2. External USB An external drive that plugs into a physical USB port on a racked server.
3. NAS Network Attached Storage (NAS) is a file-level, storage server that is connected to a network and provides data access to its associated network of client machines.
4. Pure FlashArray An array of flash drives (as opposed to HDDs). Because there are no moving parts within these arrays, as you will find in an array of HDDs, they are also referred to as solid state drives (SSDs).
5. Pure FlashBlade Advanced file and object storage geared towards storage on the largest scales, like to consolidate complex data silos (like backup appliances and data lakes).
MacStadium offers a wide range of storage solutions in terms of both cost and use case. If any of the above seem like they may ease your storage headache, please reach out to our sales team to see how we can make this a reality for your team. Likewise, if you have some new questions kicking around in your mind, hit up our exceptional account people to learn more!